Friday, June 4, 2010

Message From Brian Barton

Hello Westchester’s Class of 2000,


I hope that this 2010 year has been filled with good health and prosperity. It has been many years since I have spoken, seen, or been updated on many of my fellow class members. I know that many of you are well into your careers, have wonderful families, and are enjoying the many gifts that life has to offer. I, myself, have been blessed to fulfill many of my life long dreams. Since departing Westchester High School, I attended the University of Miami-Florida (after transferring from Loyola Marymount) where I majored in Aerospace Engineering and played baseball. I was a part of two teams that participated in the College World Series and was a member of several organizations including NSBE and ASME. I have made a host of new friends and had the privilege of meeting some very affluent people. I have been able to pursue my passion for traveling and have been to several countries including Ethiopia, Taiwan, South Africa, and Peru. On April 1, 2008, I made my major league baseball debut with the St. Louis Cardinals and also participated on the Atlanta Braves 2009 baseball team. I am also proud to say that I have been blessed with the recent purchase of my first home in Atlanta, Georgia.

I am aware that many of you, as well, have many accomplishments, exciting adventures, and good news that you would also like to share.

So, as the Class of 2000 Senior Class Vice President, I am excited to announce the upcoming events of the Class of 2000 Ten Year Reunion. This event will be a great opportunity for everyone to share their stories of inspiration and reconnect with old acquaintances, while having the opportunity to extend open arms to making new friends. It will also serve as an invaluable networking event in being able to connect the minds and ideas of aspiring people. Our 2010 Class Reunion will be a way to reunite with fellow class members face-to-face instead of by Facebook. It will be a more intimate experience and lots of fun. Tears of joy will be shed, smiles will be exchanged, and priceless memories will be shared.

So, join me in excitement in attending the WHS Class of 2000 Reunion, and secure your place by providing your financial contribution to make this event happen. The Reunion is fast approaching and your immediate attention will insure that YOUR reunion will be unforgettable.

For details about the fun events being planned for reunion weekend, click here. For updates, keep checking this blog. You may also submit your financial contribution through Paypal or check. Click here for details regarding payment.

Remember that the C/O 2000 Reunion is an opportunity to reunite with old friends and close the gap between the years that has separated us. I truly hope that we cherish this moment and look forward to connecting with all of you. If there are any questions, feel free to email the reunion committee at WestchesterReunion2000@gmail.com.


Brian D Barton
WHS Class of 2000
Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment